The Gamecocks continue to hit the recruiting trails for the 2014 class as it's never a dull day in the world of college recruiting.
South Carolina has seen some new offers go out to prospects recently, along with some updates on a Gamecock lean and more.
Let's take a quick look at some Gamecock Football Recruiting Updates:
- The Gamecocks recently offered Chris Lammons from Fort Lauderdale, FL. The three-star prospect stands 5-9.5 and weighs 170 pounds. Lammons already has several offers on the table including Indiana, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida and Miami.
- South Carolina has continued to be the front-runner for the services of four-star recruit Bryson Allen-Williams. This talented linebacker prospect has picked up new offers recently from teams like Alabama and Georgia and both of those schools, along with South Carolina, comprise his top three schools at this time. Allen-Williams tweeted the other day that it was 60% South Carolina with UGA and Alabama at 20% at this time. He indicated that his decision may not come till National Signing Day after initially considering committing in August. He also won't be an early enrollee according to his mother.
- Gamecock quarterback target Drew Barker will take multiple visits to South Carolina over the next two months. Barker will visit from March 22nd through March 24th and April 12th through April 14th. South Carolina's spring game is April 13th. Barker continues to favor South Carolina with instate school Kentucky surging after multiple unofficial visits to Lexington over the past month.
- Defensive end Lorenzo Featherston picked up a recent offer from South Carolina. Featherston is a four-star prospect from Greensboro, North Carolina. He has offers from Clemson, UNC, NC State and more already at this stage in his recruitment.
- The Gamecocks also put out an offer to athlete Juwann Winfree from New Jersey. South Carolina wants Winfree as a wide receiver and is likely a target of quarterbacks coach GA Mangus, since this is his recruiting area. Winfree already has offers from Michigan, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, West Virginia and others.