Today's edition of The Garnet Buzz will take a look around and see what's happening in the world of the South Carolina Gamecocks:
- Our good friends over at Garnet and Black Attack got a great interview with Gamecock All-Everything Melvin Ingram as he prepares for the upcoming NFL Draft. It's a nice in-depth interview with Ingram that gives us a great update. Nice article fellas.
- Dillon OL Bryce King spoke to PalmettoSports.com and told them that he didn't commit to USC because it didn't feel like the right time and that he doesn't have any favorites. I still think he ends up committing to South Carolina in a few months but it's something to watch over the course of his recruitment. He's highly-recruited and getting plenty of interest from teams all over the southeast.
- I saw something on Twitter today that mentioned the idea of the "Battle of Columbia" with Missouri and South Carolina playing for a trophy every year. Interesting idea. I like the idea of playing for a trophy but it seems like they are just trying to create a rivalry that may not be there. Let's see what happens with this.
- South Carolina baseball steps on the field to defend it's national championship next weekend and there's still some talk about who could fill some of the positions in the infield. It looks like freshman catcher Grayson Greiner and sophomore Dante Rosenberg are both in the mix for playing time right now. Greiner went 5-for-5 throwing out baserunners during Sunday's scrimmage. LB Dantzler looks to have locked up the third base job. There's plenty of time to find the right combination for the Gamecocks to "reload" this season and have a chance at a repeat.
- South Carolina's "11 Win" rings make an appearance here. Spurrier wants to reward the football team winning the most games in school history. Giving the players rings is one way to do just that. Hopefully they'll want a championship ring next year.
- Melvin Ingram won the Lineman Challenge at the All-Star Football Challenge that aired over the weekend on ESPN2. He's pretty good.
- ESPN's Bracketology has the Lady Gamecocks as a team on the rise right now and currently have them as a #5 seed in the NCAA Women's Tournament heading to Little Rock. These ladies are really bringing right now. They return home this Sunday against the Florida Gators.